Friday, February 13, 2009

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Fifty-four

I'm home sick so I thought I would treat you guys to a new chapter. I know it's a short one compared to my usual chapters but I'm sure that's better for you guys. =] I know also know that this is a cliffhanger, but that's how "Haley" wanted it. It leaves it open to the imagination. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Fifty-four

"I'm so glad they decided to have the wedding in Pittsburgh and not Chicago," Miriya said to Jordan as they got into bed the night before the wedding.

"Me too, I've enjoyed not flying anywhere since the season ended."

"No flying until training camp. Thank God your family's coming here for Scott's baptism so we don't have to worry about going to Canada."

"I'm glad that's next week, we can finally get you grandma off our back. 'When are you gonna get that baby baptized?' I'm sorry but she gets annoying after a while."
"A while, really babe?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," he said with a laugh.

The next day Miriya made sure that everything was packed for Scott's 'sleepover' with Nathan at Aunt Cassie's. After the two minute drive to her best friend's house Miriya took Scotty from his car seat and walked with Jordan to the front door. "Hey guys," Geno said opening the door. "Cassie's asleep; Nathan kept her up all night."
"I remember those days, the first two weeks I barely slept except for pre-game naps," Jordan said.

"Yea, he's so cute when he's not crying though."

"That how they all are," Miriya said with a laugh. "Well Scotty, Mommy and Daddy have to go, but you be a good boy for Aunt Cassie and Uncle Geno."

"Thanks again," Jordan said handing the diaper bag to Geno.

They arrived at the church at around five and found a seat in the middle of the left side. The entire row in front of them was filled with Hawks and their hatred for the Guins had at least lightened since they talked to Miriya and Jordan until right before the service started. Miriya looked around the church at the neatly placed red roses and white cloth that had been placed in the center aisle and led to the alter.

The priest made his way to the front of the church followed by Patrick and the groom's men. All of the guys looked good in white tuxes with baby blue ties. Standing there calmly were Pat's teammates Kris Versteeg, Cam Barker, Brent Seabrook, Adam Burish, Patrick Sharp, and Jonathan Toews. Anastasia, Hollie, Amanda, and Carlee made their way down the aisle in baby blue, sleeveless, knee length dress with bouquets of red roses.

Jacob the ring bearer and Abby the flower girl made their way slowly down the aisle. Red rose petals gracefully fell to the white cloth up until the aisle where Jacob and Abby found their seats.

Everyone stood as the music started and Haley came down the aisle with her dad. He handed her over to Patrick and went to his seat as they both smiled. They went to the first step and the ceremony started with, "Dearly beloved we are gathered here today…"

When it came time for the vows Pat spoke first, "Haley, you are my best friend. You are the season I wake up each day. You are your own person and blow me away each and everyday. Your beauty and personality are why I wake up each day. I've always loved you and I promise to as much and more, forever."

She couldn't help but smile as she ran her hand down her silky white gown, the long train behind her. She looked into Pat's eyes as she started to speak, "Patrick, you helped me through the toughest times in my life and show me how to have the greatest. You are the only person I trust with my heart, you showed me how to love. Just know that I will always love you no matter what. You're my sweetest hello and hardest good-bye. Thankfully I won’t have to say good-bye, forever."

"Do you Patrick take Haley to be your wife…?"

"I do."

"Do you Haley take Patrick to be your husband…?"

"I do."

"…I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

They both smiled and their lips met as everyone in the church stood and applauded. Everyone filed out of the church and to the reception at the Hard Rock Café. As always the bridal party stayed behind for pictures, shortly thereafter they also made their way to the reception.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Kane."
After dinner and the first dance Miriya and Jordan made their way to the head table. "Congrats guys, thank you so much for inviting us," Miriya said.

"No problem, congrats on getting the coaching job. It's amazing, you've only been working for the Guins two years and already you've announced the Stanley Cup win against us and not are going to coach the greatest team in the league."

"But no pressure," Haley added.

"No, none at all."

"It's okay, she works well under pressure, you should see her on the ice."
"Thanks babe, well again Congrats guys."

They went back to their table and as they sat down a slow song came on. "Baby you wanna dance?" Jordan asked.

"Sure, why not." They went out onto the dance floor and Miriya rested her head against Jordan's chest. She listened to his steady heart beat and breathed in his scent; this of course causing her to smile. "Can you believe it baby, we've been married for almost two years."

"I know, it feels like only yesterday that we started going out."

"My heart still skips a beat when I see you," he kissed her cheek; she smiled and her heart sped up.

Haley and Pat left for the airport that night and went to Jamaica for their two week honeymoon. As soon as they got there they went to their hotel and closed the door…

3 comments:

haleys_famous_ said...

WOO HOO!
whatta greattt chapter!
best yet. haha.
loved it.

Carrie said...

Aw, your stories really cute. :)
Great chapter.
I can't wait for the next one!

Carrie said...

Aw, your story's really cute. :)
Great chapter.
Can't wait for the next one!