Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Eleven

Over the next month the Pens played well and improved from the beginning of the season, not that they played badly at the start, but there’s always room for improvement. So to put it simply they won more than they lose & made the fans very happy. It was a Saturday, there was no game and Miriya worked until six to make up for some of the hours she missed for games. After work Jordan picked her up & drove her home. Once they got home they went to the family room.

“Baby you wanna put a movie on, I`m gonna go change out of my uniform.”

“Okay.” Jordan went over to the movie shelf to pick one out.

Miriya went and changed into her silky penguin’s pants, a t-shirt, and her penguin’s hoodie. When she went back out to the family room Jordan was sitting on the couch, Miriya went and sat on his lap.

“Santa.” She said in a little kid voice. “I want a penguin, and a Stanley Cup, and lots of money, and a kiss.”

“Well one question for you, have you been a good girl this year?”

“I don`t know, you tell me.”

“Okay, well you have a penguin, I`ll see what I can do about a Stanley Cup, money I`m not sure about, & a kiss.” He kissed her. “Does that work?”

“Maybe, could be better.” She said with a smirk.

“Could be better?”

“Maybe.”

“Oh really?”

She kissed him, her phone started to ring and she threw it onto the chair. After about ten minutes they heard footsteps coming down the steps. They knew exactly who it was so they stopped, Miriya got off his lap, and they acted like they weren`t doing anything.

“Hi Mrs. Soergel how are you?”

“I`m good Jordan, how are you?”

“I`m good, it`s okay if I come over for Christmas right?”

“Of course, we`re going to four o’clock mass but we need to be there around two because Thomas a d Gwen are singing and just to get a seat. After church we`re going to Miriya`s grandma`s house for dinner & presents.”

“Okay, sounds good.”

When Miriya`s mom left the room she put her head down on Jordan`s shoulder. “So what movie are we gonna watch?”

“I`m not really in the mood to watch a movie, so I thought we could play a video game.”

“Oh, what game?”

“Well I found NHL 2002 & I know that you still have a season in that, so I thought we could play that.”

“Okay, but I`m the Penguins.” The game ended with the Penguins, well Miriya winning 6-2. “Haha I win! You suck.”

“No I don`t.”

“I just beat you 6-2, yes you do. I`m glad you`re better in real life.”

“You`re mean.”

“Yes I am, but you love me.”

“Yes I do, well I `m gonna go and I`ll see you tomorrow. I`ll pick you up at twelve-thirty.”

“Ok, love you.”

“Love you too.” They kissed and Jordan left.

The next day Miriya woke up at eleven, showered, and got ready for the game. She was wearing her Fata jersey, Crosby shirt, penguin pants, Crosby hat, both chains, her pens wrist band, and her converse.

When they got to the locker room Michelle was at Sid`s stall and they were kissing.

“Hey Sid, you gonna play today?” Jordan asked as he walked over holding Miriya`s hand.

“Yes I am Jordan, you gonna be back from your little adventure to play?”

“I have been every other game haven`t I?”

“Yes he has, so Miriya what are you guys doing for Christmas?” Michelle asked.

“Um Jordan`s gonna go to church with us then go to my grandma`s for dinner and presents. Then he`s coming back over to open presents with me & my family.”

“Aww that`s cute, Sid`s coming over to on Christmas Day.” “Aww, so I`m glad that the next game`s Thursday, `cause it gives you guys somewhat of a Christmas break. I mean last year your first game back was on the 26th, this year they give you one more day off.”

“’Yep, and the first two games back are home games.” Sid said.

“So Michelle you going to the outdoor game?”

“No my parents still don`t want me to go to any away games.”

“Aww that sucks, I love how my parents don`t care as long as it`s the weekend or now that it`s break.”

“Yeah, you`re lucky.”

“Well we`re gonna go, we`ll see you guys in a little bit and you better be glad no press ever comes in here and when they do you have a warning, otherwise your cover would be blown.”

“Shut up Jordan.” Sid said and put her arm around Michelle.

Miriya and Jordan went to their side room for about twenty minutes, when they got back to the locker room Jordan got ready for the game and Miriya and Michelle went out to their seats. The Pens went out and beat the Bruins 6-3 & of course there was a lot of cheering and screaming coming from section C4.

After the game as usual Miriya waited for all the reporters to leave, Jordan gave her a kiss on the cheek, then went and showered. When we came back they went out & dealt with autograph seekers. When they were done with that Jordan took Miriya home.

No comments: