Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Two

Later that night Miriya was checking all of her accounts online while listening to the Penguins game when her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe, so I just read your quizilla journal…you did not meet Jordan Staal did you?” Miriya`s best friend Cassie asked.

“Why actually I did, I can prove it too.”

“How?”

“Well I had picture of him sitting on the counter when he walked in & asked how much an autographed one was going for. So I told him & had him autograph the one I had. We started talking & he stayed til five then he had to go get ready for the game. But before he left he gave me a hug.”

“No way I don`t believe you.”

“Well you don`t have too, the only one who needs to know that it`s true is me.”

“I wanna see the autograph.”

“Ok, it`s framed now, I went after work & bought a frame m bow it`s hanging in my ‘museum’.”

“Ok, well I know you don`t have work tomorrow & I don`t have work, so I`m gonna have mommy drive me over.”

“Ok, well hurry the 1st intermission’s almost over.”

“Ok, see ya in a few.”

“Bye.” Five minutes after they hung up Miriya was in her room listening to the game when Cassie came in. Just as Cassie`s foot hit the carpet in Miriya`s room Mike Lange`s voice was heard saying. “He shots & scores Jordan Staal his 1st goal but 3rd point of the night.”

After the Pens won 5-3 Miriya showed Cassie the autograph, it was hanging on the wall right above the captain’s patch from the home opener.

“First you go to the opener, now you meet Jordan when you’re at work. Well I wanna meet Sid first.”

“Who knows maybe he`ll come into subway some day when you`re at work.”

“Probably not.”

“Well keep thinking like that & he won`t, he`ll come in while your grandma`s there & she`ll have another best friend. Oh & that reminds me by your grandma`s standards Jordan`s already my best friend.”

“Shut up, I will meet Sid.”

“Yes someday you will, & I will too.” Miriya said with a smile as they walked out of the hockey “museum”. “Who knows maybe he`ll come in someday when I`m working too.”

“You`re mean.”

“Yes I am.”

“Well I`m tired.”

“Okay, night.”

“Night.”

No comments: