Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Twenty

The summer ended and Miriya started her senior year. This year was going to be easy because not only because it was her last year, but also because she didn`t have a block A all year. The first day started off slow, but finally lunchtime came.

Miriya sat down and a few minutes later someone else sat down next to her."Hey Michelle how are you?"

"Good, you?"

"Good, I barely talked to you all summer."

"I know, how are you & Jordan?"

Great spent a lot of time together over the summer. How are you and Sid?"

"Same spent a lot of time together. Oh how was your month in Canada?"

"It was a lot of fun, got to spend a lot of time with his family. Their farm is really big and I got to see where they learned to play hockey."

"Aww, so what`s his family like?"

"Well other than Eric and Marc who you already know. Um his other brother Jared is really sweet and he was drafted over the summer. His parents are really nice and they really liked me after getting over the shock of me and their son making out on couch when Mom got home the first day we were there."

"Wow good job," Michelle said with a laugh.

"Yeah I know, but his parents are really nice and I had a lot of fun up there."

"That`s good, so you call them Mom and Dad?"

"Yeah it makes me happy, like the second day I was there they said I could."

The bell rang and Miriya went to majors. Since it was the first day everyone went to the choir room so all the freshman could meet the upperclassmen and the teachers.

After school Miriya caught the bus and went to work. At around six Jordan showed up."Hey baby how are you?" Miriya asked when Jordan walked into the store.

"I`m good, how was your first day back?"

"Boring, I hated getting up this morning."

"I would imagine, I`m sorry baby but it`s your last year and you`re already accepted to the college you want. Just take it easy this year, you did well on your SAT and PSSA and you`re almost completely done with your senior project, it`ll be an easy year."

"Yeah I know and I`ll get to spent a lot of time with you," She said with a smile. "So what do you want for your birthday?"

"Anything you get me I`ll love."

"But I want to get you something special, this year`s special."

"It`s not that special."

"Yes it is, you`re turning twenty."

Finally the end of Miriya`s shift came and Jordan took her home. Saturday came after two days of school and two days of intense work. Today's shift was going to be short only until three, so at two forty-five Cassie walked in.

"So Miriya what are you thinking of getting Jordan?"

"I have non idea and he won`t tell me what he wants. He keeps saying whatever you get me I`ll love. But I wanna get him something nice."

"Yea I know what you mean."

When her shift was over Miriya and Cassie walked around the mall for a while looking for the perfect present. After three hours of looking they found the perfect thing. Since Jordan had insisted that there not be a big party there was just a few people for a little party. It was at Miriya`s house, Sid, Michelle, Lauren, Laura, Colby, Cassie, Christensen, Whitney, Max, Geno, Fleury, Malone, Eric, Marc, Jared & Sam were there.

After they ate pizza and chips it was cake time. Miriya went to the kitchen and brought out the cake that she had made. Everyone sang happy birthday & ate cake & ice cream. After cake it was present time, everyone either gave him gift cards, money, or just a card. When everyone else's presents had been opened it was Miriya`s turn. She handed him the bag.

"It`s really stupid, but I couldn't think of anything else."

Jordan opened the bag & took out a small black and gold photo album, it was filled with pictures of him during games that she had taken.

"It`s not stupid at all, did you do this all after work today?"

"Well I had the idea for a while, but I only got the album today and put all the stuff in."

"Aww baby I love it, Thank you so much," He kissed her cheek and gave her a hug.

"You`re welcome, I love you."

"I love you too."

After everyone left Miriya walked Jordan down to his car. He gave her a hug and held her for a few minutes, he kissed the top of her head, & she looked up.

"I love you baby I really do," Jordan said.

"I know and I really love you too," She said just before Jordan`s lips touched hers. They did stop kissing for a minute to walk over to the wall to sit down. Once they got over to the wall they picked up where they had left off. After about twenty minutes they pulled away. "Happy early Birthday baby."

"Thanks, I`ll see you tomorrow."

"Okaybye." Jordan got into his car & left Miriya felt accomplished since she had finished the present on time.

No comments: