Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Fifteen

Later that day Miriya woke up at two, she showered and spent all the time until her brother got home from school on the computer. The next day Miriya had to get up five forty-five and go to school. Since it was her first day back from Christmas break everything seemed to go by really slowly. Finally lunch came and she was so glad that it did.

"So how was the road trip?" Michelle asked.

"I`m not gonna lie, it was a lot of fun." Miriya said with a smile.

"I want details, what all did you guys do?"

"We left on Sunday morning at seven and got to Buffalo at like two or something like that. When we got there we had half an hour to be back on the bus and ready to go to practice. So about halfway through practice Jordan took a stick to the forehead and had to get stitches. After practice we just went and hung out. Monday they had practice too. Monday night we went to Red Lobster then we had a New Years party. Tuesday we woke up, got ready, and went to the game. I`m sure that you watched that so I don`t need to tell you about that. But after we finally left Buffalo we got back here at one yesterday morning."

"Oh sounds fun, did you enjoy your day off?"

"Yep, I slept till two," She said with a smile. "How was school yesterday?"

"Oh lots of fun. So yea ready for the game tonight or are you tired of hockey?"

"Me tired of hockey?" She asked with a smile. "No, I`m ready for the game."

Since it was a Thursday when Miriya went to majors she had slofeg which she didn`t mind 'cause she liked the teacher and she did well in that class. When the bell rang to end class she walked down the hall to go to choir flex. Miriya didn`t like choir, but she put up with it. But since it was right after Christmas break and as also there was no one in class they didn`t do any singing. Opera workshop came which was fun as always ad Neely made people laugh. Finally school ended and Miriya and Michelle went to Miriya`s house to get ready for the game.

Five o'clock came and Jordan pulled into the driveway. "Hey guys, you ready for a good game?"

"Yep," Miriya kissed him. "Game three against the Leafs."

The game went well and the Pens were leading the series 3-0 so far this season. The Pens won, but it was a close one like most of the games had been throughout the season. This game like others was tied at the end of three & went to overtime. Both teams played hard during the five minutes of four on four hockey & it was still tied at the end of OT. The first two shooters for both teams scored, the Pens third shooter was Sid who used his signature move and beat Toskala. It was all up to Fleury to get the win. Mats Sundin took the puck from center ice a d Fleury made the save. Everyone in the arena was on their feet.

When Miriya got to the locker room she waited for the reporters to leave then went overt to Fleury`s stall. "You are my hero; I almost had a heart attack so may times tonight. That save at the end was amazing."

"Thanks, all I did was watch the puck."

"I know, but good game." She gave him a kiss on the cheek then went over to Jordan`s stall.

"Hey baby good game."

"Thanks I didn`t really do much tonight, but yeah."

"Yes you did, but whatever."

Jordan gave Miriya a kiss on the cheek then went and showered. When he came back from the shower they went out, he signed autographs, and took Miriya home.

The next day Miriya went to work for the first time in almost a week, "Wow it feels good to be back here," She said when Jordan walked in around six.

"I`m sure it does, do you have to work tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I have to make up for missing so much because of games."

"Well I`m gonna came hang out here until we have to leave for the game. You can go to the game tomorrow right?"

"Yes baby I can go to the game, I get off at five & I`ll bring my stuff to work and just change when we get to the Mellon."

"Okay good, I`m not gonna see you for a week," He said with a frown.

"I know, I`m gonna miss you so much." She put her head on his chest.

"I`m gonna miss you too, but I`ll call you every night after the games."

"Okay, I`ll try to stay awake," She said with a smile.

The next day Miriya got a ride to work instead of taking the bus. They got to the mall at ten because she had to start work early that day. Throughout the day a bunch of people came in and Jordan had to act like he wasn`t there. One person did see him and did know who he was so Jordan gladly got a picture with her and gave her an autograph.

"Thanks Jordan you`re my hero," The girl who looked to be about seventeen said as she walked out of the store.

"But I thought you were my hero."

"I can be more than one person's hero," Jordan said with a smile.

Miriya`s shift finally ended, she grabbed her bag, and they headed to the Mellon. The game started off slowly and both teams were held pointless through the first. But both teams did score in the second and at the end of two it was 2-2. But late in the third the Panthers ended up pushing the puck behind Dany Sabourin and the Pens ended up losing 3-2.

Back in the locker room after the game everyone was upset about the loss as usual but it was a really heavy mood since they had won the last six games. Sabourin who was in net for the game took it the hardest.

"Come on Dany it`s not your fault, ya played good."

"Yeah I know, we`ll get `em next time."

"Good, keep your head up," She walked over to Jordan`s stall. "You guys`ll beat `em on Tuesday."

"I love how you`re so optimistic," He said with a smile.

"Only about hockey."

When they got to Miriya`s house Jordan walked her to the door, there was still snow on the ground. Miriya made a snowball on the ledge a d threw it at Jordan.

"Oh I see how it is," He threw one back at her and chased her into the side yard.

"Jordan," Miriya said right before he tackled her in the snow.

"I love you baby and I`m going to miss you so much," He kissed her and they lay in the snow for about ten minutes.

"I love you too and I`ll miss you more," Miriya said with a smile.

"I`ll miss you more."

"Well if you`ll miss me more, then I love you more."

"No way, I love you more," He said and kissed her.

"Okay, then I`ll miss you more," Miriya said when they finally pulled away.

"Miriya, Jordan it`s eleven and you`re really loud, people are trying to sleep," Miriya`s brother Chuck said out the office window above the yard.

"Sorry," Miriya said. "Shut up Jordan."

"Sorry," He whispered, then pushed Miriya against the side of the house. " I love you."

"I love you more."

"Prove it."

"Okay," She kissed him "Does that work?"

"Maybe, well since you supposedly love me more I`ll miss you more."

At eleven forty-five Miriya finally went inside and made hot chocolate for her and Jordan, it was the kind with the little marshmallows. They took their hot chocolate downstairs and decided to put on a movie so they could spend as much time as possible together before Jordan had to go to leave for Florida. Throughout the movie Miriya kept dozing off.

"Baby you want to turn the movie off so you can go to sleep?"

"No, I`m gonna stay awake cause I wanna spend time with you before you leave."

"Are you sure, you can go to sleep & I`ll say here and when I have to leave I`ll wake you up."

"No, I`ll stay awake. What time do you have to be at the airport?"

"Seven, but before I go I`ll have to go to my house to get my bag of stuff for the road trip."

"So you`ll be leaving here at like five-thirty?"

"Yeah, but it`s only two now, so we have three and a half hours."

So they put in another movie and somehow managed to both stay awake through the entire thing. At five-thirty Jordan gave Miriya the biggest hug ever and held her close.

"Bye baby, I love you and I`m gonna miss you so much," Miriya said after they walked to the door.

"I love you too, and I`ll miss you more," He kissed her, when they pulled away he kissed her on the cheek then went down to his car. Miriya went to bed since she happened slept in twenty-four hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lovvvvve your story it is so cute. Sid is still my fav, but i love your story.<3