Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Twenty-Eight

The next day back in Pittsburgh Miriya, Jordan, & Cassie were at Miriya`s parent’s house.
“Could you hand me another box?” Miriya asked Cassie.
“Sure,” She said throwing a box at her; it hit Miriya in the face.
“Bitch!”
“But you love me.”
“Yea we`ll go with that.”
“Girls stop fighting,” Jordan said with a laugh.
About an hour later there was an empty room & three cars full of boxes. Miriya walked back into her room & looked around. Jordan came up behind her & put his arms around her.
“It`s been eight years since this room was this empty,” She lay her head back on his chest. “I mean I haven`t really lived in this room in four years, but still it was a good room & I`m gonna miss it`s penguinyness.”
“Well the room & paint’ll still be here, you can come spend some time in the Mellon, I`m sure your parents won`t mind.”
“I miss the real Mellon.”
“Me too,” Cassie said walking back in from the car. “Some good times there.”
“Oh you`re tellin’ me,” She said with a smirk & looked at Jordan.
Jordan smiled too, Miriya walked over to the light switch. “Come on baby, it`s not like you`re never gonna see this room again.”
“I know,” She turned out the lights & walked down to her car.
“I`ll see you guys at your house, right Jordan?”
“Yep, see ya there.”
“Ok, bye baby,” She kissed him on the cheek.
“Goodbye, I love you.”
“I love you too.’
The three of them got into their cars & headed to Jordan`s house. After emptying all three cars, all the boxes were in the living room.
“We should probably unpack,” Miriya said. “And the funny thing is it only looks like I have a lot of stuff. Most of it`s stuffed animals or Penguins` stuff.”
“Yea, counting those stuffed animals was hell,” Cassie said with a laugh.
“There was only one hundred twenty,” Jordan said with a smirk.
“Hey you know what; fourteen of them were from you Cassie.”
“Yea well, where you gonna put them all?”
“That I don`t know, we`ll find a place.”
They started unpacking & after two hours everything was unpacked & in place except for the stuff for her hockey museum.
“You guys got any food?” Cassie asked throwing a box across the room.
“You`re asking if we have food, as in me & Jordan. Yes we have food, I live here, if there wasn`t food I wouldn`t be here,” Miriya said with a laugh. “Would you like some?”
“Yes smartass I would like some food.”
“Ok let`s take a break then we can put your exhibit in the new museum,” Jordan said heading towards the kitchen.
“Peanut butter & jelly cool?” Miriya asked looking through the refrigerator. “We need to go shopping, we don`t have as much food as I thought.”
“Yea p b & j`s cool & milk please.”
Miriya got out the bread, peanut butter, jelly, some glasses, milk & a knife. After eating they went back to the new hockey museum to set up the exhibit.
“YAY, it looks even better than in my old room,” Miriya said smiling.
“Well this space is bigger, so now you actually have all your stuff out,” Cassie said.
“Thank you Jordan for letting me have an entire room for this.”
“You`re very welcome baby, anything for you.”
“Invitation time?” Cassie asked.
“Sure why not it`s only, what time is it?”
“Three-thirty,” Jordan said looking at the clock on the wall.
“Yea, let`s do invitations. All the envelopes are addressed already right?”
“And who would have addressed them?” Cassie asked.
“I don`t know, I thought maybe it got done by magic.”
“Right,” Cassie said with a laugh. “Where`s the guest list?”
Miriya went & got the guest list, invitations, & envelops. Two hours after they sat down at the dinning room table all two hundred envelops were addressed, had invitations inside, & were stamped.
“Alright well I`m gonna go, me & Geno are going out to dinner tonight. But do you guys want me to mail these on my way home?”
“No it`s cool, I`m gonna go to the store so I`ll do it.”
“Go home & you & Geno go have fun.”
“Ok, I`ll see you guys later.”
“Bye,” Both Jordan & Miriya said as Cassie walked out the door.
“Going out to dinner are they?” Jordan asked.
“You don`t think he`s going to?”
“I guess we`ll find out.”
“Well I`m gonna go to the store & mail these, you wanna come?”
“Nah, I`ll stay here & make dinner with what we have.”
“Ok I`ll see you later. I love you.”
“Love you too,” He said & kissed her on the cheek.
“That`s all I get, for all either of us know this could be the last time ever see each other. Would you be able to live with yourself if all you gave me was a kiss on the cheek before I died?”
“I would not be able to live with myself, I hope this isn`t the last time we see each other, & come here.” He pulled her closer by her belt loops & slid his hands down into her back pockets. She put her arms around his neck & kissed him He kissed back & deepened the kiss, after a few minutes he took his hands out of her pockets & brought them to her waist. He picked her up & she wrapped her legs around his waits, they went over to the couch & pulled away fifteen minutes later.
“Now I still wouldn`t be able to live with myself, I`d be nothing without you, but was that a little better?”
“Aww baby you`re so sweet, I love you so much. And I hope that this isn`t the last time we see each other either.”
“I love you too & I`ll see you later.”
“Bye,” Miriya said & turned to walk out the door.
Miriya went to the post office & Giant Eagle. After she was done shopping she got home at about six forty-five & walked into the kitchen.
“Hey baby what smells good?” Miriya asked while putting the milk, butter & eggs in the refrigerator.
“Your dinner, come eat with me.”
“Ok hang on.” When she was done putting stuff away she sat down next to him at the table. “So what`ca make me?”
“Something simple, macaroni with hot dogs & baked beans.”
“YAY my daddy used to make me that all the time.”
At Cassie`s house she was just finishing putting on her make-up when the doorbell rang. She walked to the door & opened it to see Geno wearing khaki pants, a striped button up shirt & a jean jacket.
“Hey baby I`m almost ready, give me five minutes.”
“Ok,” He sat down on the couch & waited. When she came back into the living room she was wearing black dress pants, black flats, & a dressy light blue shirt. “Why hello there beautiful.”
“Hey handsome,” She said walking over to him & he stood up.
He gave her a hug & kiss, “You ready to go?”
“Yep,” She walked over to the coat rack & grabbed her light jacket. Geno held it for her while she slid her arms in. “You`re so sweet baby, I love you.”
“Well I love you too.”
They walked out to the car & went to Applebee’s, Geno had steak & Cassie had some rice & shrimp thing. After dinner they went back out to the car & drove to downtown. After parking the car in a parking garage they walked down to the fountain at the point.
“These past two years have been amazing,” Geno said & put his arm around her.
“They have.”
“I`m just upset I didn`t ask you out sooner.”
“Well we`re together now that`s all that matters.”
“That is all that matters & I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” He paused, got down on one knee, & pulled out a little box. “Cassie I love you, will you marry me?”
A tear came to her eye & she nodded her head. “Yes Evgeni, I will marry you.”
Geno slowly slid the ring onto her finger then sat down on the edge of the fountain next to her. He pulled her onto his lap, she put her head on his shoulder, & he jusy held her. A few minutes later she looked up & their lips met, the kiss was only about ten seconds long but there was a spark.
“I love you Geno.”
“I love you too.”
Just then it started to rain, Cassie looked up at the sky & back down at Geno. Again their lips met & the rain continued to fall. About five minutes later the rain started coming down harder & they made a run for it. They got back to the parking garage soaking wt & headed back to Geno`s house.
“I think I`m gonna take a shower to warm up,” Cassie said. “So I`ll see you in a little bit.”
“Ok, see ya,” He said & kissed her on the cheek.
“Cassie used the upstairs shower & Geno used the downstairs, after they both had warm dry clothes they met in the laundry room.
“Hello there.”
“Hey, do you want me to put your laundry in?” Geno asked.
“Sure, I`ll make us both some hot chocolate.”
“Ok sounds good to me.”
Cassie went out to the kitchen & made hot chocolate with marshmallows; she picked the phone & called Miriya.
“Geno home,” Miriya said looking at the caller id. “Wonder what he wants.”
“I don`t know, pick up the phone & find out.”
“Hello?”
“Hey.”
“Oh hi Cassie, wasn`t expecting it to be you.”
“Yea sorry it was the phone closest to me.”
“It`s cool, what`s new since this afternoon?”
“I`m getting married!” She said quickly. “Geno & I are engaged.”
“Aww congratulations, I`m so happy for you guys. Tell Geno I say congrats.”
“I will it was amazing, we were down at the fountain & then it started to rain.”
“Aww rain is amazing.”
“Yes it is,” Jordan said.
“Tell Jordan I say hi,” Cassie said.
“She says hi.”
“Ok, tell her I say hi, to tell Geno I say hi, & congrats.”
“He says…”
“I heard him, Geno Jordan says hi & congrats. Tell him thanks.”
“And tell him I say hi.”
“Ok, Geno says hi & they both say thanks.”
“You`re welcome.”
“He says.”
“I know I`m welcome, so I didn`t have Colby there to make fun of me.”
“I know is that a good thing or bad?”
“Both I guess, good cause I wasn`t being made fun of, but bad because I love Colby & he would have made me laugh.”
“I love Colby too, did you cry?”
“Yes I did, I don`t know why it`s like I couldn`t help it.”
“I know same with me, I knew what he was gonna do & started tearing up.”
“Same, your`s was really cool with the whole team.”
“I know it made it really special to have everyone I love there.”
“Well I`m glad I was there.”
“Ok baby you saw her today & you`ll probably see her tomorrow.”
“Ok, Mir Geno`s making me get off the phone, so I`ll talk to you tomorrow.”
“Ok bye Cassie, bye Geno.”
“See ya.”
“Tell her I say bye.”
“Geno says…”
“I know.”
“Tell her I say bye.”
“Jordan says…”
“I know, bye.”
“Bye,” They both hung up, Miriya put her head down on Jordan`s shoulder. “I`m happy for them.”
“Me too, we`re all getting married.”
“Yea, one big happy family.”
“Well that`s what we`re gonna make,” Jordan said with a smile.
“Oh really, I mean we`ve talked about it before but never seriously.”
“I know, but you want kids & I want kids, that`s all there is to it.”
Miriya couldn`t help but smile, then Jordan`s lips found hers. Mo came running into the living room & jumped up onto Miriya`s lap.
“Hello there Mo,” She said pulling away from Jordan`s soft lips. “How are you cutie?” She scratched under his chin & behind his ears, he gave her kisses. “Now you`re really my dog.”
“He was always your dog.”
“I know but know I`m actually living in the same house as him, so it`ll feel like he`s mine.”
“Ok, I`m so glad we`re finally living together.”
“Me too & in three months we`ll be married.”
“Yes we will. I can`t wait,” He smiled. “I love you so much.”
“Well I love you more than anything.”
Back at Geno`s house Cassie walked over to the couch & sat down next to Geno. Geno Jr. jumped up onto her lap. Geno Jr. was an Australian Shepard puppy, had white fur with brown spots & blue eyes.
“Hey there cutie,” She put her head down on Geno`s shoulder & continued to pet Geno Jr. “You`re such a good puppy.”
“He really is, I love you.”
“I love you too baby, I love you too.”

No comments: