Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Three

Monday afternoon Miriya got to the mall at about five which is when she normally did, but this time instead of walking around the mall for an hour she went straight to BC to start work early.

"Oh Miriya there`s a message for you by the register from yesterday." Dave the person working the earlier shift said.

"Okay, I`ll look at it, I`ll be back in five I`m gonna go change into my uniform." Miriya left the store, went to the bathroom, & came back wearing khaki pants & a black shirt that said BC sports collectibles on it.

She found the note next to the register. 'Miriya, came looking for you yesterday, might come back today. Jordan. '

At six Miriya was dusting some of the pictures & not really paying any attention to anything else around her when someone came up behind her & covered her eyes.

"Let me take a wild guess, Mr. Jordan Staal." He uncovered her eyes, spun her around,hugged her.

"Hey, how's your day been going?" He asked when he let go.

"Good, how long can you stay tonight?"

"I don`t know, how long do you have to stay?"

"Til nine."

"Okay, I`ll stay til nine and we can talk and then I can give you a ride home."

"Okay, sounds good. Would you mind if I called a friend to come meet you?"

"No problem, as long as it`s only one friend and as long as you guys don`t tell anyone about us hanging out."

"Okay." Miriya got out her cell phone and called subway.

"Hello subway."

"Hi, may I speak to Cassie?"

"One moment, she`s finishing a sandwich."

A few minutes later Cassie picked up the phone. "Sup?"

"When you get off work?"

"Um seven why?"

"Jordan's here, he`s staying til I get off work and taking me home. So if you want to meet him you better get a ride here after work and we`ll bring you home."

"Okay, I`ll see you at about seven-fifteen."

"Okay, bye." She hung up the phone. "She'll be here in about an hour."

"Okay." They talked for awhile until Cassie walked in.

"Hey Cass...this is Jordan."

"Hi." They both said at the same time.

"Um, could I get an autograph?"

"Sure." Miriya handed Jordan the sharpie from on the desk & Jordan signed the picture that Cassie handed to him.

"Thanks." Cassie said, blushing.

They talked until nine when Miriya`s shift was over, she closed down the store and they walked out to Jordan`s car. They dropped Cassie off first, Jordan got out of the car and gave Cassie a hug. "It was nice meeting you." Jordan said as they ended the hug.

"Same, bye Jordan bye Mir."

"Bye." Both Miriya and Jordan said at the same time.

On the way to Miriya`s house they continued to talk. "So there`s a game tomorrow, so I won`t be able to come see you & we have practices and games all week, but I think coach is giving us off Friday, and Saturday it`s a one o'clock game. So it`ll probably be over by four-ish. So would you wanna hang out after you`re done with work?"

"Well actually I have this Saturday off and I can watch this game at home. But I would love to hang out after the game."

Just then Miriya pointed to what exit they needed to get off & about a minute later they got to Miriya`s house. Jordan walked Miriya to the door then gave her a big hug.

"I`ll see you on Saturday after the game." He said as he let go and Miriya opened the basement door.

"Yep, see ya then."

1 comment:

timehp123 said...

Wonder whatcha were talking bout on the way home... ;)