Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Twenty-Five

The Pens went out & beat the Sabers 4-1, Fleury was amazing in net, the defense didn`t let many pucks into their zone, the offense kept the puck in Buffalo's end, overall the team was amazing. As soon as the game ended the team got on the bus and headed back to Pittsburgh.
Monday night Miriya was in the commentator's box for her internship and was announcing for TV that night.

"It's a great day for hockey as Badger Bob would say, hello everyone I`m Paul Steigerwald and tonight the Columbus Blue Jackets are in town to play your Pittsburgh Penguins. Of course Bob Errey's here with me as always, but also tonight out intern Miriya is here to help call the game."

"Well Steigy, the team's coming off a big road win in Buffalo on Saturday, the Jackets are also coming off a win but at home last night. Naturally the Pens will be more rested for tonight's game, but the Jackets are a good team this year, so the Pens have to keep up the momentum from the road win. It should be an interesting game to watch."

"Steigy I completely agree with Miriya, tonight should be an interesting match-up and a good game for all you fans watching at home."

"Well folks we`re gonna go to a commercial break but when we come back it's the Pens and the Jackets," Steigy said just before it went to a commercial.

During the first period both teams came out and played well. During one of the break the birthdays, anniversaries, and engagements came up on the score board. At the end there was a special one that said. Congratulations to Miriya Soergel & Jordan Staal on there engagement. Everyone in the crowd stood up and cheered, they were still cheering when it came back from the break.

"Welcome back everyone if you're confused about what all the cheering is about, no you did not miss a goal," Miriya said.

"During the break they put the anniversaries and birthdays up on the score board," Steigy said.

"And there was a special engagement listed," Bob added.

"Those of you fans out there who have a crush on Jordan Staal that`s all it can ever be," Steigy said with a laugh. "This weekend during the road trip Gronk got engaged to his girlfriend of about six years."

"Congratulations to that lucky girl," Bob said, glanced at Miriya, and laughed.

A couple of weeks past, the team was doing great, and both engaged couples were happier than ever. On Saturday there was no game & no practice so Jordan and Miriya were at Jordan`s house watching TV.

"So when you do wanna have the wedding?" Jordan asked then kissed her cheek.

"I was thinking over the summer so that it doesn't affect the team at all," Miriya said with a smile.

"June, July, August?"

"August," Miriya replied * her smile widened. "If that`s okay with you."

"I just wanna get married to you, I don`t care when or where, as long as I get to spend the rest of my life with you," Jordan said then kissed her.

"Okay, so August then?"

"August is fine; who all do you wanna invite?"

"Family, friends, your family to an extent, and mine too, the team and their wives and kids, then some close friends."

"So it's going to be a big wedding then?"

"I guess so, I guess that's what we get for knowing so many people," Miriya said with a laugh.

"I guess so, so for planning this thing do I have to do a lot of work?"

"Baby I`ve had my wedding planned since I was eleven years old, all I needed was the groom. So all you really have to do is tell me what people you want invited, pick your grooms men and tuxes, and help me pick out the rings," She said and put her head back on his shoulder. "Oh yeah when it comes to the food tasting you`ll have to help with that."

"Okay, I don`t think that part will be a problem," Jordan said with a laugh.

"Good," She said then kissed him.

Over the next few weeks the Pens did well & both Miriya and Michelle made progress on their wedding plans. It was only mid-March but neither could wait until their wedding. There was only one month left in the regular season and of course the Pens were going to the playoffs for the seventh straight year and they hoped that they would come out with something to show for it.

"So baby what are your plans for today other then going to the game tonight?" Jordan asked.

"Me, Michelle, and Cassie are going dress shopping," She paused. "Normally I wouldn`t be happy about that, but it's for the two weddings," She said with a smile.

"Well no matter what dress you pick you'll look beautiful," He said and kissed her cheek. "You always look beautiful."

"Thanks baby, you always look very handsome and I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed her but as soon as their lips touched there was a 'BEEP, BEEP' from outside.

"That`s Michelle & Cassie, I`ll see you later baby," Miriya said getting up off the couch.

"Bye baby, I love you."

"Love you too," She said the kissed him on the cheek, gave him a hug, and went out to the car. "Hey guys how are you?"

"Good," Both Michelle & Cassie replied. "You?"

"Good, I never thought that I would say this but I can`t wait to get my dress."

"I never thought I`d hear you say that, hell has frozen over," Cassie said with a laugh.

"No it's just because it's for my wedding," Miriya said with a smile.

"I still can`t believe it, I`m getting married to Sidney Crosby," Michelle said with a smile as they turned off Jordan`s street. "But just that I`m getting married makes me so happy."

After a few minutes they got to the dress store, Miriya and Michelle were both looking for bride's maids, flower girl, and bride's dresses.

"This is exactly what I wanted," Miriya said while looking through bride's maids dresses.

"It's really pretty, that`s the one we should use," Cassie said.

"I agree it's really pretty, one dress down five to go," Michelle said looking for a dress.

By the end of the day both girls had all of their dresses picked out. They left the store with smiles on their faces and headed back to Jordan`s house to drop Miriya off. "Alright thanks for the help guys, bye," Miriya said getting out of the car.

"Bye," Michelle and Cassie said.

"Miriya walked into the house with a big smile, Jordan hugged and kissed her. "Hey beautiful."

No comments: