Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Nineteen

June came, school ended and everyone was happy.

"So do you have any big plans for the summer?" Jordan asked.

"Not really, why?"

"Well I`m going back up to Thunder Bay for a while and was wondering if you want to come?"

"I would love to go wit you, but I don`t know if I can get out of work."

"Baby you work so much and you work so hard for that store, I`m sure they can give you a little break."

"Okay, I`ll talk to Dom about it, when were you thinking of leaving?"

"Um after your birthday and we`ll be back before Cassie`s."

"Okay sounds good."

A few days later Miriya woke up at nine-thirty and went to work. "What are you doing here?" Dom asked.

"Working?"

"It`s your birthday and you`re leaving tomorrow, go home, go back to sleep, and have fun in Canada."

"Okay thanks." Miriya went back home d fell back asleep. A few days before she had, had her birthday party with her friends and everyone had a good time. Sunday night Miriya`s family came and they had a party. On her birthday she woke up from her nap to find Jordan sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Happy Birthday baby," Jordan said. When Miriya crawled over to him her picked her up onto his lap and kissed her.

"Thanks, I love you."

"I love you too, so me and your dad got you a present. I know it`s not exactly what you wanted but your teacher said it was okay."

"Um, okay?" Miriya said with a confused look.

"They`re in your closet."

Miriya got up, walked to her closet, and sitting there was a black case. "No way," Miriya said with a smile.

"Go ahead open it."

She opened the case & inside was a brand new set of highland pipes. "No way, I can`t believe it."

"They`re your`s, I hope you like them."

"Baby I love them, thank you."

"You`re welcome, I know they`re not the ones you wanted."

"It`s okay, I know I`ll never get them."

"You never know you might."

The next day Jordan and Miriya woke up and went up to Thunder Bay Ontario. Whend they got to the sod farm no one was home. Miriya and Jordan unpacked, then went to the living room, an out on a movie. Of course they ended up "watching" the movie instead of watching the movie. About halfway through the front door opened but of course they didn`t notice.

"Hello Jordan."

Jordan quickly pulled away. "Oh, hi mom," He got up & gave her a hug. "This is the girl I`ve been telling you about."

Miriya slowly stood up & walked over to Jordan. "Hi Mrs. Staal."

"Hi Miriya how are you?"

"I`m good, you?"

"Good, Jordan why don`t you show Miriya around?"

"Okay," So Jordan took Miriya by the hand & led her outside. When they got to the pond. "This is where we all learned to play hockey."

"Aww this is a historic place," Miriya said with a smile.

Just then they heard foot steps behind them, they turned around and there was a red headed kid who didn`t look like he could be any older than seventeen.

"Hey Jordan."

"Jared how are you?"

"I`m good, you?"

"Good, Miriya this is my younger brother Jared, Jared this is my girlfriend Miriya."

"Hi," They both said.

"So did you meet mom yet?" Jared asked Miriya.

"I did, she seems nice."

"She is, just stay on her good side," Jared said.

"I don`t think she`ll have a problem with that," Jordan said.

The next couple of weeks went by well; the family got along well with Miriya which both she and Jordan thought was a good thing. While they were in Canada they all went to the 2008 entry draft. Jared was drafted in the first round by the New Jersey Devils, and his whole family & girlfriend were there. Miriya who had never been to an entry draft had a lot of fun seeing all of the draftees and enjoyed seeing who the Pens drafted.

On July thirteenth Miriya and Jordan made sure that everything was packed and Mr. and Mrs. Staal drove them to the airport. When they got into the airport they walked until security with Miriya and Jordan.

"Well Miriya it as nice spending time with you this past month," Mrs. Staal said.

"It was nice meeting you, thank you so much for everything."

"You`re very welcome, keep Jordan in line for us," Mr. Staal said with a laugh.

"I`ll try my best." Jordan & Miriya gave Mr. and Mrs. Staal a hug and turned to go to security.

"Bye Mom and Dad," They both said.

"Bye."

Once they got back to Pittsburgh they head to the mall to get Cassie a birthday present since her party was the next day.

"So I got her something in Canada, but that`s not a birthday present, it`s more of a 'hey look I got you something in Canada'."

"Yeah, well what do you wanna get her?"

"I don`t know, I haven`t bought her anything in years, I`ve made her present for the past four years. But the party's tomorrow so I can`t make her anything."

"Hmm. Maybe you can get her a stuffed animal."

"Maybe, that`s actually a good idea." So they went and bought Cassie a stuffed elephant and some candy.

"You gonna get her a card?" Jordan asked on the drive to Miriya`s house. "We can stop at Giant Eagle if you want."

"No that I`m gonna make, I always make cards, I think it`s better that way."

Then next day a bunch of people met in a grove at North Park for Cassie`s party. As soon as Kaela got there Miriya and Jordan walked over to her and Jordan put his arm around Miriya tighter.

"Hey Kaela, I just remembered that you two haven`t met. Kaela this is Jordan, Jordan this is one of my best friends Kaela."
The party went well there was lots of food & lots of funny memories were made as usual. So after eating lunch it was cake time. Everyone sang then ate cake & then it was present time.

Parents started showing up but Miriya, Chuck, & Jordan waited until everyone left. "Bye old person," Miriya said & gave Cassie a hug.

"I`m not that old."

"You`re eighteen, yes you are."

"Fine, I`ll talk to you later."

"Bye."

Everyone got in Jordan`s car & went back to Miriya`s house. "Hey mom!" Miriya yelled up the steps from her room.

"Yes?"

"Can Cassie sleep over tonight?"

"You just saw her."

"But before that we hadn`t seen each other in almost a month."

"Yeah I guess."

"Okay," Miriya took her phone out & called Cassie.

"Hello?"

"Hey can you sleep over tonight?"

"Lemme ask," She want to ask her mom then came back. "Mommy said yes, do I need a ride?"

"No I`ll come pick you up."

"Okay, see ya in a few," She hung up the phone.

"Jordan we`re going to pick up Cassie."

"Ok, you wanna take my car?"

"Hmm, your car or my mom`s van, let me think about that," She said with a smile.
Jordan threw her the keys and they headed down to the car.

Once they got back from Cassie`s house Jordan`s car & started to walk up the steps.
"Baby, I`m gonna go."

"Jordan you can stay." Cassie said after turning around.

"No I just spent the last month with her, I`ll let you spend some time with her."
"Okay, bye baby." Miriya said and walked over to him.

He put his arms around her and kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Jordan got in his car and Miriya and Cassie went upstairs.

No comments: