Sunday, June 29, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Thirty-Seven

Saturday morning Miriya rolled out of bed, got ready, & went to the store to get stuff for the party that night.
"Miriya?" someone said from behind her. "Miriya Soergel?"
She turned around & looked at the tall man who stood about three feet from her. "Matt, Matt Bloom?" she asked with a smile.
"I haven`t seen you in forever, how have you been?" he asked giving her a hug.
"I`ve been good, you?"
"Ok, what`s new?"
"I got married last August & announce for the Penguins."
"Matthew...oh there you are," a women a little taller than Miriya said. "Who is this?"
"This is an old friend of mine Miriya Soergel."
"Miriya Staal now."
"The Penguins' announcer?" the girl asked.
"Yes actually."
"Congratulations on winning the cup."
"Thank you."
"So Miriya this is my wife Jamie," Matt said.
"Well it was nice meeting you & nice seeing you again Matt, but I really have to get going."
She went to the checkout & the guy at the checkout counter smiled at her while he was bagging the groceries.
"Congratulations on winning the cup Mrs. Staal, can I have your autograph?"
"Sure why not." She signed a grocery bag & went out to the car.
"Mrs. Staal can we have your autograph?" A group of teenage girls asked in the parking lot.
"Sure, but call me Miriya," she signed for all of them, got a picture with them & was about to start her car when someone knocked on the window. She rolled down the window & the person's eyes lit up.
"Mrs. Staal could you please sign this for me?"
She got out of the car & gave him a hug. "Sure Mr. Pitts, who would you like me to make this out to?"
"Um...me it that`s ok?"
To: James Pitts, Miriya Staal PGH PENS
"Thank you Mrs. Staal," he said with a smile.
"You`re welcome, but James you`ve known me since ninth grade please call me Miriya."
"Ok, well thank you Miriya."
"You`re welcome," she said, gave him another hug, got in her car & drove home.
"Hey baby," Jordan said as Miriya passed him & into the kitchen.
She put the stuff down in the kitchen & walked back into the living room where Jordan was sitting on the couch.
"I swear it was see everyone you know day."
"Shopping was that bad?"
"I ran into Matt & his wife in the store then went to checkout & the cashier asked me for my autograph. So finally I got out to the parking lot & a bunch of girls ask me for my autograph. I get into my car & am ready to drive away when someone knocks on my window & it`s James. I signed for him & now here I am anything exciting happen here?"
"I woke up, ate breakfast, & took the pool cover off."
"Oh what an exciting day, I think I`m gonna take a nap for an hour then we can start getting stuff ready."
About an hour later Miriya got up off the couch, went into the kitchen, & made herself a sandwich. Jordan walked behind her & spun her around.
"I`m gonna go for a quick swim, you wanna come?" He asked after kissing her on the cheek.
"Sure I`ll meet you out there in a few," kissed him, then he went out to the pool & she went to change into her bathing suit. She walked back out in her black & gold bikini, put her towel down, went to the deep end & jumped in.
They swam for a while then went inside & showered. At around four Miriya put chips into bowls, made sure that there was ice in the drink bucket & picked out some music.
"Baby I`m gonna go start the burgers."
"Aww thanks, but you know I always grill."
I thought maybe you`d be nice & let me do it just once."
"I would let you, but you know that all the guys love my burgers."
"Fine you have all the fun."
Miriya headed out to the grill & added her dad's famous sauce to the burgers. At five forty-five the guys started showing up.
"Hey Jordan did you make the burgers?" Army asked.
"No Miriya did."
"Oh good it`s safe to eat them then," he said with a laugh.
Everyone grabbed a shot glass & filled it with something that was in Miriya & Jordan`s bar.
"Here's to a great season & what we have to show for it, here's to the cup," Sid said.
"Here, here," everyone said then drank their shot, everyone except Miriya.
Everyone put their glasses down & Michelle came over to Miriya, "Can I talk to you for minute?"
They walked into the kitchen & stood by the counter. "What`s up?" Miriya asked.
"Ok you were totally smashed the night before your wedding & a minute ago you didn`t even drink a single shot. What's up with you?"
"I`m pregnant."
"Oh my God, when did you find out?"
"Thursday before the game."
"Does anyone know?"
"Besides you & Jordan no, we were planning on telling everyone tonight."
They walked back outside & Jordan put his arm around Miriya.
"Everyone can we have your attention," Jordan said.
"Before you all get too drunk Jordan & I have an announcement to make," Miriya said & paused. "We`re going to have a baby!"
Everyone clapped & cheered & came over to congratulate them. Cassie was one of the first to come over. "I guess you`ll be taking me up on that baby-sitting offer." she said with a laugh.
"I guess so," Jordan said. He put his arm around Miriya`s waist & kissed her. "I guess so."
The next day after everyone left Miriya was cleaning up the yard & Jordan was making lunch. He set the food down on the dinning room table, went outside & put his arm around Miriya.
"So I haven`t told my parents yet, I was planning on telling them when we go up tomorrow with the cup," Jordan said.
"Sounds good to me, wonder how they`re going to react."
"I guess we`ll find out."
"Baby get up," Jordan said the next morning after kissing her cheek.
She groaned, got out of bed & got ready. Once they were both ready & everything was in the car they went to the airport, went through security, & went to the gate.
"I think we`re in the airport more than some of the pilots," Jordan said & put his arm around Miriya.
"I`d believe it," she said & put her head down on his shoulder.
"Daddy it`s Uncle Jay & Aunt Memo," A little boy said at baggage claim in the airport in Ontario.
The tall man standing next to him let go of his hand & the little boy ran up to Jordan & Miriya. Miriya dropped her bags, picked up the little boy & gave him a hug.
"Aunt Memo."
"Hey Adam how are you?"
"Good, where`s your cup?"
Miriya laughed as the tall man walked up to them & took Adam.
"Hey guy Congratulations."
"Thanks," they both said.
They all went back to Mom & Dad's house & were sitting in the living room taking pictures with the cup.
Later that night everyone was sitting around the table eating dinner & talking about the cup. The whole family was there Eric, Tanya, Adam, Marc, his wife, Jared, his fiancée Andrea, & of course mom & dad.
"Mom, dad, everyone, we have an announcement to make," Jordan said.
Everyone stopped talking & looked over at Miriya & Jordan.
"We`re gonna have a baby," Miriya said & smiled.

No comments: