Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Seven

Then next morning Miriya woke up and tired as usual got dressed, straightened her bangs and went to the bus stop. She got downtown at six-fifty and sat through her morning classes like she did everyday and finally it came to the halfway point again, lunch.

“So what`s new?” Michelle asked when she sat down at the lunch table.

“Well Jordan came and saw me at work yesterday and he`s taking me to the game tonight. Which means I get to meet Sid and Marc and Geno.”

“And the rest of the team.” Michelle said with a smile. “So when do I get to meet people?”

“Well I haven`t asked Jordan yet, oh & he says hi. But yeah there`s a game Friday I`ll see if he can get me two tickets. So yea think about that.”

“Okay sounds good, I have a couple days to think of what to wear when I meet the Penguins.”

“I think whatever you wear will be fine.”

Miriya slyly took her phone out to see the text she had just gotten. Hey baby where you wanna sit 2night? A or C? Miriya texted back, Um C cause there`s a better view.

After school Miriya went to her locker after opera then went to her bus stop and caught the bus she would normally take to go to work. She off at her house and got ready for the game. She put on her penguins pajama pants, two penguins chains, a Crosby shirt, her Fata jersey, and her Crosby hat.

At five she walked out the door as Jordan was pulling into the driveway. When she got into the car she leaned over & gave Jordan a hug and kiss. “Hey baby, how are you?”

“Good, how was school today?”

“Boring as always, I had to sing in studio and all my morning classes were boring, the only fun thing today was opera. I love that class, Mr. Neely is my hero.”

“But I thought I was your hero.” Jordan said with a frown.

“You are, but you can have more than one hero, it`s like best friends you can have more than one.”

“Okay, so you look ready to cheer us on.” Jordan said looking at her outfit.

“Yep, you`ll probably be able to hear my yelling at the refs from the ice.”

“Probably you`re gonna be sitting in C4.”

“Oh my God that where I sat when I was little. How did you know?”

“I actually didn`t know that those seats were good, but now I know and I`ll get you those seats for the rest of the year.”

“Sounds good to me. Oh, can I bring someone to the game on Friday, well that`s if I`m allowed to come.”

“Yes you`re allowed to come & yes you can bring someone.”

About five minutes later they pulled into the player parking lot and walked into the locker room. Once everyone got to the locker room Miriya was in heaven.

“Hey guys, this is Miriya my girlfriend and Miriya you know all the guys.”

“Yep.” Miriya said with a smile as she went to go talk to everyone. She got everyone on the team to sign her jersey before the game. About five minutes before the pre-game skate Miriya went out to her seat.

After the pre-game skate was over when the zambonis came to clean the ice Miriya went one section over and down to make a sign. On one side of the sign she wrote 'I love My Pens' and had the numbers of everyone on the team & on the other side she put 'Jordan Staal is my hero!' She got to her seat just before the pre-game light show started.

About three minutes into the game the second line was back out and the puck was in the Pens zone. “Get it out boys, get it out.” Miriya screamed loud enough for the team to hear. The puck came out into the Devils zone, Malkin took a shot but couldn`t get the rebound, the puck went to the side boards when Devils wing Zach Praise got a hold of it when he beat Pens defensemen Brooks Orpik. Praise took a shot and missed, the biscuit was behind the net, both teams were digging for it. It went out to Pens left wing Staal who went off on a breakaway. On the way into the Devils zone he got tripped from behind and lost the puck. The ref put it arm up and Pens center Evgeni Malkin thinking that the penalty would be on the Devils took the puck to try and score. But he didn`t get a full stride after touching the puck before the whistle blew.

“Boo…” The crowd yelled as the ref skated to the penalty box after pointing to Staal. “What the fuck ref, come on that was clearly a trip. Get your eyes checked.” Miriya screamed loud enough for the ref to hear.

“Pittsburgh penalty to number eleven Jordan Staal two minutes for diving at 3:15, Staal two minutes for diving at 3:15. “

“Boo.” Everyone in the arena said when the announcement was over.

Less than a minute later on the power play New Jersey got the puck in the Pens zone & score. “Thanks ref way to go.”

Jordan slowly left the penalty box and skated to the bench. “Come on boys you can get it back.”
That they did, less than a minute later the first line was out to take the face off. Sid passed it back to Whitney who passed it over to Orpik who passed it up to Malone who shot but it was blocked by Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur. Sid got a hold of the puck took it around the net and stuffed it between Brodeur`s pad & the post. The arena erupted & everyone was on there feet.

The period ended in a 1-1 tie and during the first intermission Miriya went to the locker room.
“Hey baby you enjoying the game?”

“Yea, my seats are good, but the refs are pissing me off. That should not have been a penalty on you, it was clearly a trip.”

“I know, why would anyone dive on the way to the net, with or without the puck?”

“I don`t know, but it just goes along with my theory ‘it`s an unwritten rule for the refs to be unfair to the Pens’ & it`s true. I mean how many times has a bad call cost us a game?”

“Um, do you really want me to answer that?”

“No, but you guys are playing well and you can definitely win it.”

“Oh we know we can & we don`t mean to be cocky about it but yeah, we have a good team.”

“That you do baby, that you do. Well intermissions almost over so I`m gonna go back to my seat. Next intermission I`m gonna get nachos so I`ll see you after the game.”

“Okay baby, I love you.”

“Love you too, bye.” Jordan put his arm around her then kissed her.

“Hey Jordan you might want to wrap that up if you wanna play in the second.”

Jordan pulled away. “You know what Sid, you`re just jealous.”

Jordan let go of Miriya, put his helmet back on and she went back to her seat. There was no scoring until halfway through the second, it was a Penguin`s goal. Staal was coming off the bench just seconds after Recchi got off the ice, making sure that there wouldn`t be a too many men penalty. Sid passed it up to Jordan & went off on a breakaway shoot & it was blocked, Sid got the rebound and scored.

Two minutes after Crosby`s goal the second line was out, Malkin had the puck in his own zone, he passed it up to Jordan who was waiting on the red line. It was a good tape to tape pass; Jordan skillfully skated up to the net and stuffed the puck in behind Brodeur. Again the entire arena was on their feet. Jordan skated to behind the net, looked up into the crowd and found Miriya who was standing and screaming and clapping. He mouthed “That was for you baby.”

In the third there were no goals but the Pens played awesome and took the game. After the stars were announced Miriya grabbed all the ice times that she could on her way down to the locker room. Jordan was sitting at his stall being interviewed. When all the reporters cleared out Miriya walked up to him & he pulled her onto his lap.

“Good game baby.” She said with a smile. “And thanks for the goal.”

“You`re welcome. He kissed her and stood up while still holding her. He put her down and brought her closer in a hug. “Well I gotta go shower, then sign autographs, then we can go.”

“Okay baby, take your time.” He kissed her on the cheek then went and showered.

No comments: