Saturday, June 7, 2008

Staal [A Jordan Staal Story] Twelve

Christmas Eve was finally there; Miriya woke up at about 11 and showered. She dried her hair, put it in a messy bun, and picked out an outfit, At twelve-thirty there was a knock on the door but of course Jordan came in before Miriya could open the door.

“Hey beautiful,” Jordan said as he gave her a hug.

“Hey handsome.”

“Jordan was wearing a suit with a blue tie, dress shoes, and a winter hat. Miriya was wearing a pink and tan v-neck sweater, black shirt, sliver 4 inch heels, and a winter hat.

Jordan put his arm around her and kissed her. “I love you baby.”

“I love you too, I really do.”

At 1:30 everyone went down to the car and headed to church. After church Miriya went back out to Jordan`s car which was parked next to her family’s van.

“I`ll see you guys at grandma`s.”

“You wanna drive?” Jordan asked stopping before getting into the car.

“Sure why not.” Miriya said taking the keys out of Jordan`s hand.

“Don`t crash my car.” Jordan said with a laugh.

“You know what, I`ve had my license for five days so shut up.” Miriya said while starting the car.

“I know baby. You`re cool with it being a stick right?”

“You know I hate automatics and that all I drive is a stick, unless I really need to go somewhere and my dad isn`t home.”

“Yeah I know, now put it in reverse and let`s go.” Jordan said then looked out the back window.
“Okay, never mind `cause there`s a steady flow of traffic behind us.”

Once someone decided to be nice and stop, Miriya put the car in reverse, pushed in the gas, and slowly let off the clutch, and they were off to Miriya`s grandma`s. As always they were early so they helped set the table.

“Oh grandma I can`t be here on New Years Day.” Miriya said with a smile and looked at Jordan.
“Oh why?” She asked checking the chicken in the oven.

“I`m gonna be in Buffalo with Jordan for the out-door game.”

“Oh, well that should be fun.”

“Yes is should, yes it should.”

Finally the rest of Miriya`s family got there and they ate dinner. It was a good dinner; there was chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, potato salad, coleslaw, salad, and fruit.

After dinner while all the aunts and uncles brought presents in from their cars and while people set up chairs in a circle in the living room Miriya & Jordan were at the dessert table.
“So which ones did you make?”

“Those, and those, and those. Wow unlike last year they actually put my cookies out.”

“Well I`m sure that they were good last year and I`m sure these are good too.” He said putting cookies on his plate. “If I become part of this family then I need to go to the arena more to work all this stuff off.”

“I love you.” She said and kissed him, just then Madi, Miriya`s cousin walked in to get cookies.
“Mimi, Jordan!”

“Hey Madi.” Miriya said. “Can I have a hug?”

“No.” She said with a smile.

Miriya and Jordan went out to the living room and waited for presents. Jordan got gift cards, Miriya got gift cars, a POTC 3 calendar, and lots of Penguin`s stuff.

At about 10 it started to snow and Miriya`s family decided to head home. Miriya went out to Jordan`s car and she drove back to her house.

“Hey mom me, chuck, & Jordan are gonna watch a Christmas Story once then he`ll go home.”

“Well it`s snowing pretty bad out there & the roads are already bad. So since he`s coming back again tomorrow, what`s the point in him going home. We don`t want to risk him getting into an accident.”

“Really he can stay?” Miriya ran to the top of the steps.

“He can stay.”

“YAY!!! Thank you.” She hugged her mom & ran downstairs. “You get to spend the night here.”

“Good, more time with you & we can watch A Christmas Story more than once.”

“And we don`t have to risk you getting into an accident.”

“That`s true.”

So they sat down on the couch & turned on TBS.

“FUDGE…except I didn`t say fudge. I love that line, it makes me happy.”

“You are amused by the dumbest things.”

“Yes I am.”

Chuck fell asleep on the chair and Jordan and Miriya fell asleep together on the couch. At seven am for the first time in years kids ran downstairs to wake Miriya up.

“Mimi, Mimi, present time, come on Santa came.” Sharon said after she jumped on Miriya`s lap.

“Come on get up, you too Jordan.”

“Are mom and dad up yet?” Miriya asked.

“No.”

“Then you should go wake them up first then call for us when you guys are ready.” Jordan said.
“Ok.” Sharon ran upstairs to wake her parents up.

Back downstairs Jordan kissed Miriya on the cheek. “Merry Christmas baby, I love you.”

“Merry Christmas, I love you too.” She kissed him and of course it turned into a little more than a peck. About ten minutes later when they pulled away it was because Sharon yelled down for them to come upstairs.

So they went upstairs and opened presents. Miriya got POTC 3, more Penguin`s stuff, and another stuffed penguin. After presents were all opened everyone had waffles, then Jordan and Miriya went downstairs after getting their presents for each other.

“So your present, well one of them is here and it`s kinda cheesey, but here ya go.” Jordan handed her a box. She ripped off the wrapping paper, opened it, and pulled out a jersey. It was white, had Jordan`s name and number, and was autographed by the whole team.

“It`s not cheesey at all, I love it.” She smiled & kissed him on the cheek.

“I saved you the trouble of having all the guys autograph it.”

“I know thank you, let`s see if I can find yours.” She looked and found it quickly, it was in the center of the Penguin`s belly. “You put it in the same place as on my other jersey.”

“Well I`m glad you like it.” He kissed the tip of her nose.

“Did you say that there was more?” She asked with an evil grin.

“Yes, but I don`t have it here, it`s at my house and it`ll probably have to stay there too, but it`ll be yours. Here`s a picture.” He pulled a picture out of his wallet, it was of a Yorkshire Terrier puppy.

“Oh my God, you got me a puppy? It`s so cute.” She gave him a huge kiss. “What should I name him?”

“Yes it`s a boy and I don`t know, what do you want to name him?”

“I`ll name him mo, after Ian Moran.” She said with a smile. “My presents are lame compared to this stuff.”

“No matter what it is I`ll love it since it`s from you.” He kissed her.

Miriya handed him a little bag. He took out a Starbucks gift card and a picture of them from he first game she went to with him.

“I`m sorry I couldn`t think of what to get you that wouldn`t be cheesey.”

“It`s fine, I love Starbucks & I love the picture, thank you baby.

“You`re welcome.” Miriya went over to the DVD player & put POTC 3 in.

No comments: